sale Kettenburg K43
Hull #7 ~ “Aikane”. She is a classic wooden sloop race/cruiser. Over
the past 3 years Aikane has been completely restored by a professional
Artist/Boatwright to nearly new condition. With a dedicated new owner
and a relatively small amount of effort Aikane could easily become the
prettiest and fastest Kettenburg race/cruiser on the water. She is
currently set up for living aboard and cruising and just returned from
a 12 month cruise from Port Townsend, WA to the sea of Cortez and back
to San Diego.
Additional pictures can be seen here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Morgan3/Kettenburg43AikaneHull7#
Here is what has been done so far (over 90% of the work!):
• She was wooded and completely gutted in 2008:
o 54 laminated white oak sistered frames were added....she is SOLID now!
o 4 planks were replaced
o Additional floor timbers and mast step support
o New blue-water cockpit. Purple heart structure and beautiful teak lockers, raised sole with over-sized scuppers.
o Completely re-caulked below waterline (new cotton and seam compound).
o Topside seams were meticulously defined/repaired, accentuating her gorgeous lines.
o All new electrical and plumbing systems. Every wire, every hose all new.
o All thruhulls replaced with Marelon or Bronze.
• Completely new interior with many unbelievable hardwoods:
o Book matched Ebony and Tigerwood floors. Heavily structural floor with white oak beams.
o Fiddle-back maple cabinets with gorgeous Koa panels.
o Maple butcher block countertops with ebony trim and porcelain sink.
o All new windows and trim (NO LEAKS!!) including 6 new bronze bright-holes.
• New Perkins 4108/velvet drive engine (now with about 250 hours)
• All new standing and running rigging and Barient 28 winches
• Original varnished spruce mast and boom
• Recently inspected MONEL water and fuel tanks (120 gal of water and 60 gal desiel).
• All new varnish on cabin sides and cockpit coamings (everything else is work in progress……lots of varnish on this beauty!!)
• New windvane installation (the highly sought after BRONZE Aires #4 steers Aikane beautifully!)
• New Icom SSB radio and Ray Marine Chartplotter/VHF.
Here is what still needs to be done (just enough to put your personal stamp on her!):
• A bit more brightwork to do (toe rails, hatches, other details).
• Cock pit sole and decks need to be repainted.
• Aikane has a new mainsail but needs new foresails (or a roller furling system).
• Some trim, paint, and detail work should still be completed on the interior.
• I was planning to put a shower in the head, but never got to it.....the floor is marine ply now, but sink, cabinets, and head are all new.
This boat represents a huge amount of my time and energy (not to mention my "life savings"), so I would like to sell her on a sliding scale. I'd like to see her go to an owner who will take pride in her, put some of thier own labor/love into her, and use her to INSPIRE people! Therefore, the asking price is somewhere between $45,000 and $89,000....depending on your situation.
Please e-mail me at email@example.com or call me at (740) 666-4525
K43 hull #11 for sale as is where is - $12,500. This is a project boat with good bones. Currently lying Port Townsend, Washington. Contact David Wheeler 425-353-8422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upgrades! (posted 08/17/06):
solarsystem, s.s.b, swim dive step transom nice for boarding at anchor, washdown at stern , 2006 survey excellent rating, hauled and painted 2006 ,
Located in Mexico
Email or 0115216121436914
Contact MAHINA YACHTS @ website: mahinayachts.com
This ad appeared in 48 north magazine August 2001
Contact: John or Charles Mottl at Email
|Check out the
that YachtWorld has listed